Itsm System Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North
Massey University Palmerston North urgently required following position for Itsm System Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Itsm System Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North Jobs Details:
Are you experienced in supporting System configuration and System Application administrative work? Do you excel in workflow design, process implementation and web design? Massey University is looking for an experienced IT Service Management (ITSM) System Administrator, with an understanding of fundamental ITIL practices, to join our diverse and committed team.
As we continue on our ITSM improvement programme, this exciting opportunity in Information Technology Services (ITS) seeks to build and introduce better support and reporting tools for our IT teams, as well as ongoing development of the ITSM product for other parts of Massey University. The ITSM System Administrator based in our Manawatū campus in Palmerston North, will be experienced in the ITIL framework, and is familiar with documenting and administering technical solutions. The role will include daily administration tasks, configuring workflows, dashboards and reporting, and developing operating standards and processes.
To be successful in appointment to this role, you will have a degree in an appropriate field or have extensive experience in a similar role as well as an ITIL qualification. You will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail as well as a good understanding of data management and reporting. You will have experience in IT service delivery, and providing IT support, System administration practices and the development of operating standards, document templates and support guides. Experience in managing project deliverables to timeframes would be an advantage. Experience in a tertiary education environment is an advantage.
Job description Purpose statement The ITSM System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the IT Service Management (ITSM) solution for Massey. They ensure configuration standards, naming conventions and structure is maintained; and that only approved updates and changes are applied (to a high standard). Additionally, they provide support of the solution, as well as assist with on-boarding and development of new reports, workflows, dashboards, modules, and integrations.
As the IT Service Management (ITSM) solution is an Enterprise product there is opportunity to include other shared service departments at Massey University. The ITSM Administrator would be involved in any further deployments to ensure that onboarding is managed well and would include:
• Design solutions within the constraints of the tool to meet the needs of departments within the University as technical resource working with the solution vendor.
• Assist with onboarding responsibilities for additional departments into the ITSM solution including training and ongoing support.
• Maintain a consistent experience within the customer portal of the ITSM with each onboarding.
To enable Massey University to fully utilise the capabilities of the ITSM, ongoing future proofing and development is required such as:
• Assist as Technical Resource on enhancement projects within the solution.
• Advise stakeholders on best practice within the tool where appropriate for related project work.
• Assist as Technical Advisor on all KCS related work within the solution.
• Work with the vendor to upskill on all new modules to support new features.
Responsible to Support Services Manager
Key accountabilities ITSM System Administration
• Maintain toolset functionality and configuration to support implemented ITSM processes within Massey University’s chosen ITSM toolset.
• Provide second-level support for the ITSM toolset, including escalating to the Vendor Support Partner and working closely with them to resolve larger issues.
• Create and provide documentation and schedules for ITSM Administrator work to be performed in absence by trained backups.
• Maintain administration guides and documentation as it relates to standards, templates, and procedures for administrating the ITSM solution.
• Ensure the service catalogue, agreed service level targets, and related reporting is implemented in a timely way to support ITS initiatives.
• Monitor toolset usage, license consumption, and provide advice on licensing or subscription reviews.
• Work with teams to implement new modules, processes, or functionality in the solution.
• Ensure roles, and access levels are reviewed and maintained.
• Develop and maintain the required naming conventions within the toolset.
• Responsible for the identifying and reporting any detected unauthorised changes to the ITSM environment.
• Ensure effective controls and measures are in place to allow audit and reviews to be conducted effectively and efficiently.
• Work with Manager to establish, monitor and report on ITSM solution KPI’s that support Critical Success Factors for the team.
• Schedule and chair the assyst Continual Service Improvement meetings to approve and prioritise requests for change and bodies of work.
Workflow and Integration
• Work with technical SME’s and project managers to ensure agreed integration components are maintained and functioning as designed.
• Consult and review changes that may impact integration with the ITSM tool, or provide new opportunities for workflow automation.
• Create or maintain workflows in the toolset to simplify and automate procedures, taking maximum advantage of the ITSM solution capabilities.
• Work with process owners (e.g. Incident, Change, Problem, Release, Service Level Management) to ensure workflows support designed processes, and process improvement.
• Create workflows to order wherever custom workflows are needed for Preapproved Changes
ITSM Data Management & Reporting
• Ensure data structures are understood, and reports are using the most relevant metrics.
• Maintain consistency and standards for managing data in the toolset, and document support guides to assist teams in the reporting functions.
• Support IT Service Management by ensuring that effective reporting is established for Request, Problem, and Incident or Change records/dashboards.
• Act as ITSM solution product champion.
• Work with Manager to identify staff and develop skills within the team to provide back-up for the ITSM Administration function.
• Continually seek to identify and establish continuous service improvement initiatives in own area.
• Maintain the role by developing and updating capabilities necessary to effectively carry out the function and responsibilities of the position, and keep relevant with industry changes.
• Perform other relevant duties as required.
Person specification Qualifications • A degree in an appropriate field, and/or extensive experience in a similar role or roles. A qualification in ITIL Service Management.
Experience Successful experience in an IT administration role, including developing reports, within a large complex IT organisation, and demonstration of advanced skills and knowledge in:
• IT service delivery, and providing IT support.
• System administration practices
• Change control practices
• Development of operating standards, documentation templates, and support guides.
• Workflow design and process implementation.
• The tertiary education sector (would be an advantage.)
• Relationship management - developing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, and business (staff, students, faculty, academics), and external groups
Personal attributes and behaviours Technical Abilities
• Web design, including developing forms, dashboards, and customer catalogues.
• Data and system integration concepts and techniques.
• Experience in IT technical support (desktop, web-browsers, mobile applications)
• Writing and critiquing documentation, and how to present technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Understanding development methodologies (such as Waterfall and Agile)
• Understanding IT infrastructure dependencies, with a high-level understanding of industry technologies.
• Customer focus: establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal/external customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for results: Highly organised, self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
• Process Management: Knows how to organise people and activities, what to measure and how to measure it. Can simplify complex processes to get more out of fewer resources.
• Informing: provides individuals with information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
• Timely Decision Making: Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, with the ability to make logical, well-reasoned balanced and timely decisions and sound judgments on complex matters.
• Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral.
• Integrity and Trust: Willingness to share knowledge and expertise across the organisation.
• Commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, and the equity goals of the University