Commercial Finance Specialist Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Auckland Transport Auckland City
Auckland Transport Auckland City urgently required following position for Commercial Finance Specialist Infrastructure. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Commercial Finance Specialist Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Auckland Transport Auckland City Jobs Details:
AT keeps Auckland Moving! We initiate and manage large and small scale transport infrastructure projects to provide effective, efficient, and sustainable transport options to meet Auckland's needs today and into the future.
Our Project Management Office (PMO) plays an integral part in our vision, ensuring the successful delivery of projects on time, on brief and within budget. We have a passionate team who are committed to delivering value for Auckland City by working on priority projects that make a tangible difference to our city.
About the Role
We now require a Senior Commercial Specialist to become an integral part of the Commercial Management and Controls team. You will work closely with the Commercial Manager to deliver specialist advice and support on all aspects across the projects and programmes and in particular contract management and performance analysis.
Ultimately their objective will be to optimise the time, budget and infrastructure deliverables and this will include providing independent advice to senior management.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience in large project role with 3-5 years in Project management, project cost, risk management and contract management. It is expected that you will be highly experienced in the use of financial management and planning software such as SAP, Primavera P6, MS Project and an advance level in excel.
In addition, we require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Finance or similar
- Post graduate qualification would be desirable
Project Management qualification would be a distinct advantage or equivalent relevant years of experience with project management Also required is demonstrated practical project controls experience including:
- Strong commercial and financial management knowledge
- Project phasing and programming skill related to infrastructure projects
- Detailed understanding of procurement processes for large public sector projects
- An understanding of project risk management techniques and experience in development of project and programme risk registers
- Performance Reporting - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
The role will interface closely with the project management team, providing specialist advice and support to ensure cost and commercial controls are in place to enable close tracking and accurate reporting. Change control will be a priority ensuring a 'no surprise' reporting environment with a focus on early warnings by the project team.
Our projects help shape the city, encourage economic growth and boost Auckland's international profile.
What we can offer
At Auckland Transport we are committed to our staff and making AT a great place to work - we offer:
- Flexible working including flexible start and finish times and working from home opportunities
- Modern waterfront based office
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Professional development and training
- Diverse projects and ability to work with multi-disciplinary co-workers
- A supportive, high performing team environment
- Opportunity for greater leadership and accountability, the authority and autonomy to make lasting decisions
- Study assistance
- Health and Wellbeing benefits
- Professional memberships
Apply your full suite of skills and experience within an agile team and help realise Auckland's potential. This is the opportunity to be a part of the organisation delivering New Zealand's largest, most innovative and fast paced transport system ever.