Uber Eats Country Manager New Zealand Jobs Vacancy in Uber Auckland City
Uber Auckland City urgently required following position for Uber Eats Country Manager New Zealand. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Uber Eats Country Manager New Zealand Jobs Vacancy in Uber Auckland City Jobs Details:
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
With Uber Eats, we’re building Uber’s newest and fastest growing business, spanning 200+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, Uber Eats is available across many parts of APAC including Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne, and Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch in New Zealand - and we’re just getting started.
As the Country Manager for Uber Eats in New Zealand, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food delivery platform in one of our major markets globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is very complex. Add to that the fact that we’re delivering a perishable product on demand and at massive scale and you have a really fascinating set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and the people of New Zealand are passionate about eating great food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our restaurant partners, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people.
We need a master executor/operator. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out processes, who's obsessed with tinkering and iterating to obtain operational excellence and ‘Uber’ quality throughout the customer's experience. Local marketing, marketplace efficiency, quality and experience sit under the Country Manager’s umbrella of responsibilities. Deeply understanding your market and and building local partnerships is critical. This is where creativity meets analytics and execution head on.
What You’ll Do
- Work with your NZ Uber Eats team to optimize the platform for your city’s local needs. You’ll need to dive into the details about how efficiently the marketplace runs (speed, reliability, cost per trip) as well as improving the quality of the experience for New Zealand’s consumers, restaurant partners and delivery partners.
Collaborate with the ANZ Central Operations and Sales teams to scale your market efficiently.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and partnerships that are relevant to New Zealand.
- Run local experiments, from temperature control to electric bicycle solutions. We're always looking for a better way!
- Manage local regulatory issues and local politics within the food delivery ecosystem
- Continue to grow the New Zealand market through user acquisition and geographic expansion, and driving consumer, restaurant and delivery partner loyalty
- Help scale Uber Eats to other cities through developing and sharing best practices.
What You’ll Need
8+ years in business management experience (e.g., management consulting, private equity, strategy, investment banking, operations) in a rapidly changing environment; start-up experience an asset. Evidence of complete ownership of a P&L a plus.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace and can make sensible commercial decisions to reflect this.
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders.
- Strong decision making under pressure and with incomplete information.
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution.
- Experience leading a team, with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members.
- Great public speaking skills to be the voice and face of the brand in New Zealand
- Ability to adapt with resilience and humility.