Regional Transport Advisor Rotorua Tauranga Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Education Rotorua
Ministry Education Rotorua urgently required following position for Regional Transport Advisor Rotorua Tauranga. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Regional Transport Advisor Rotorua Tauranga Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Education Rotorua Jobs Details:
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Could be located in either Rotorua or Tauranga
- Extensive relationship management experience is essential
- Relationship development & management across the education, logistics and transport sectors
- Community focussed
- High degree of autonomy!
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum. Where there are barriers of distance and a lack of public transport, School Transport Assistance provides a place on a school bus or an allowance to assist parents and caregivers to get their children to and from school. The School Transport team manages the funding, high level operational management and contracting of service providers that serve over 100,000 students eligible for assistance nationwide. These services comprise over 2,200 daily bus and technology routes and more than 70 clusters of schools requiring special needs transport all within a budget that is slightly less than $190 million per annum.
About the role
This is a role for a genuine people-person. Use your experience as a successful relationship manager to truly make a difference in young lives. The Regional Transport Advisor role within the School Transport team involves:
- Managing a regional network of school bus services and related school transport assistance. This will require discussion with a range of parties including school boards, principals, and bus controllers. You will also be liaising with local transport service providers about school transport related topics which includes student eligibility to services, route design, maintenance and funding.
- Being the Ministry's school transport representative for service delivery in the region. This will require collaboration across the Ministry's local, regional and national teams to ensure a Ministry-cohesive approach to using transport to overcome barriers to education caused by distance.
It is essential that you have significant experience in a relationship management role and a qualification to tertiary level and/or relevant experience.
You will also offer:
- A full, clean New Zealand Class 1 Drivers Licence
- School or public transport service planning/management experience. (Desired but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of transport design and management systems. (Desired but not mandatory)
- Experience as a virtual team member. (Preferred)
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Sunday - 4 March 2018.